Wednesday, November 17, 2010

~Words That Build~

Okay, so I know it has been a few days since my last post. It has been crazy!! In my learning how to be a mother of two, doing household chores, and sewing. I seem to have resently found that I am very pretty poor at encouraging people. Believe it or not, but I have found it be true. I am working on it as well, as all the other issuses in life. So, with that in mind, I took a look through my Bible and found something very helpful for me to try to walk steadily, in hopes of "not killing" people w/my lack of encouragements.

~Words That Build~ study topic
1Thessalonians 5:8-24
If others listened in on your conversations, would their lives be changed for better or worse? Would they hear you speaking about the character flaws of others as if they were phisical defects, or would they hear that you consider others beauitful in God's eyes? Ask yourself if your words build up or tear down. Do your words push others away from you or draw others near? Most important, do they draw near to God?

Just a few questions:
In what ways are you guilty of hurting others with your words?
How have you been on receiving end of end of encouraging words?
Who is someone who could use your encouragement?

Word to take with you today: Uplift

That study topic really kicked me in the backside. Just thinking how I am so, task orientated that I fail to see the people in front of me. My habit of, "Everything has a place" and "Everything needs to be Cleaned" needs to change. Just a small picture, I live here in a house w/ Ray and Ashley and four single guys. And my whole mind setting is, focused on things not being put away properly or areas in the house, being a wreck. I see the task, and not the people that God created for to be here for a reason. I could probally think of quite a few people that need encouragement from me. Hopefully I can work toward doing that more often. I hope this touches you, as it did me.

And just a small update, I have for the last few days, made it out of bed before 7am!!! Okay, so that is something big for me, and I hope I can continue

1 comment: