Wednesday, January 5, 2011

~A Life of Purpose~

I am not sure how to sum up my last two months, but I will try.

God has really been working on me about purpose and generally taking care of everyone around me. And trying to communicate clearly, so my language (for those of you that know me) is clear enough for others. Especially my husband :)

Generally, I am one who really focuses on getting something done, IF I put my mind to it. But in that I am really finding that I hurt people around me, with the personality that I have. And thinking about it, I look in my famous Bible and Something jumped out at me. It totally explains what I have been doing, and after reading the study topic and the Bible passage, I do not think I want to continue in that way...Rather choose to be different.

~A Life of Purpose~

2Kings 22:1-20

If your life were condensed into a short synopis - one brief sentence - what would be said of you? How our lives are summarized depends on the choices we make each day. We have a tendency to be distracted with the cares and responsibilites of life. Laundry piles up. Bills need to be paid. Children get sick. As we care for our families and do our work, it's easy to become sidetracked from our primary purpose: pleasing God. It is easier to give lip service to spiritual things than to stay on course, keeping in step with the Spirit.

So how will you be remembered? What will be said of you? Most important, how will God Summarize your life?

Just a few questions:

What is one sentence you could use to summarize your life so far?

What might God want to change in your life so that your life summary will be different?

What steps will you take today to walk in God's way?

Word to take with you today: Purpose (Although I think it should be, God's Purpose)

Now I hope to post more this week, I should be better at staying on track. It really is amazing to wonder what God does think of you and what you are doing. It very eye opening to read that passage. You can do everything you are "Supossed to do" and not be doing God's Purpose. That is something I need to really focus on.

I hope this is encouraging to you as well as I found it to be...

No comments:

Post a Comment